Peanut Butter. Pretzels. Chocolate Chip Cookies. These are three of my all time favorite foods and their combination is just perfect - sweet and salty. Well when I saw these Chocolate Chip Pretzel Bars on Food & Wine's site, I knew I had to make them.
I made two small adjustments to the original recipe. I added 2 tablespoons of peanut butter (you can never go wrong adding peanut butter!) and instead making of bars, I made the cookies in a muffin tin. It is one of my favorite twists on the traditional cookie because the center is always so soft!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- One 12-ounce bag bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups mini pretzels, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, using a mixer, beat the butter with both sugars at medium speed until light, 1 minute. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. At low speed, beat in the dry ingredients. Stir in the peanut butter, chips and pretzels.
- Add batter to the muffin tin. Bake for 17-20 minutes, until golden; the center will still be a little gooey. Transfer the pan to a rack and let cool completely.
- Run the tip of a knife around the side of the individual muffins and lift out of the tin.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! We certainly are! xoxo Meggan