Happy Monday, sweet friends! I am absolutely exhausted after this weekend, but it was very productive and definitely fun! After a date night, running a 5k and major amounts of cleaning/cooking, we hosted our friends for a Superbowl party last night! One of my favorite dishes from the party had to be the strawberry shortcake in a mason jar. Strawberry shortcake is one of my absolute favorites, and desserts in a jar are so much fun! Here is this super easy recipe.
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 4 containers of fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons of white sugar
- 15-20 cooked biscuits (I bought a bag of frozen biscuits and cooked them according to the instructions on the bag
- 1 large container of heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 tablespoon of confectionary sugar
- 12 mason jars
1. Wash and cut all of the strawberries. Sprinkle white sugar all over the strawberries and mix gently. Set aside for 20 minutes to let the sugar create a glaze over the strawberries.
2. Cut the biscuits into thin slices (2-3 per whole biscuit).
3. Mix/beat the whipping cream, vanilla and confectionary sugar until peaks form and the cream is thick. I used my KitchenAid mixer on a high setting. Just be careful that you do not over beat the cream.
4. Begin to assemble the layers of biscuit, strawberries and whipped cream. I started with a biscuit, then strawberries and then whipped cream. I then added another biscuit, whipped cream and finally strawberries.
6. Add the top back to your mason jars and refrigerate until ready to use. I made mine about 2 hours before our event.
Here are some more pictures of these strawberry desserts, and the rest of our Superbowl party!
we bought these from the sweeter days bake shop
I got this nacho mac & cheese recipe from the amazing Val So Cal!
I hope you all have a wonderful week! xoxo