Last night I made dinner for our bible study. When it comes to cooking for groups, I love making easy meals that don't leave me stressed out in the kitchen 5 minutes before everyone walks through the front door. Does that happen to anyone else?! (:
This pulled pork recipe is one of my favorites for feeding a group with out the stress, because all of the cooking basically happens in the slow cooker during the day. I made a basic salad and cole slaw to go with the pulled pork sliders, and my meal was done! Here are some snapshots of our meal and you can find the recipe below.Here is the recipe!
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper Pinch of cayenne pepper, optional
- 5 pounds boneless pork butt or shoulder
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups barbecue sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 10 to 12 whole wheat soft slider buns
Put the pork back into the slow cooker. Combine the barbecue sauce and 3 cups of the skimmed broth. Stir into pork and cook 2 hours. Using a slotted spoon, remove the pork from the slow cooker. Place the meat on a serving platter or on individual buns. Serve the remaining sauce alongside.