I have always loved organization and trips to the Container Store are like heaven! Unfortunately the Container Store is out of my budget so I have tried to get a bit creative with storage in our house. A few months ago, I bought a huge amount of canning jars to make red, white and blue cupcakes in a jar (here). One day I was cleaning my craft room and decided to utilize the extra canning jars to hold some of my jewelry findings. I added chalkboard paint to the jars lids for easy labeling.
Here is how I made these cute storage containers.
- Canning or mason jars
- Chalkboard paint
1) Remove the outer ring and lid from the jar.
2) Spray at least two coats of chalkboard paint over the lid. I did three thin coats.
3) Once dry covered the lid in chalk and wiped it off to give the lid the texture of a chalkboard.
4) Label the lid of each jar. Reconnect the ring and lid to the jar.
5) And, here is your finished product!
Happy organizing loves!