Hi loves, I hope you had a great weekend! The reverse surprise birthday party we went to on Friday was amazing! We all met up for appetizers/champagne, and then a party bus took us to a lounge on South Beach. Our hosts had a table and we danced the night away! It was a total blast and we didn't get home until 4am! I think I am getting too old to do that LOL but we had so much fun! Saturday was super relaxing and the definite highlight of our day was going to Truluck's with Kris' parents for stone crabs because they are in season here. It was amazing food and company! Yesterday we celebrated our dog Harley's 8th birthday at the dog park. It was complete with lots of playing, dog treat bags for her dog cousins and doggie cupcakes; she loved it!
To kick off this Monday I wanted to share a tutorial with you today for a tissue paper peony that I am going to make for a bridal shower in January. This is a variation on the tissue paper poms that I made for the His Bride event (here). I love how simple and pretty these are, plus they are incredibly easy to make!
Materials- Eight sheets of tissue paper cut to 7 inches by 12 inches
- Floral wire
1. Cut the tissue paper to your desired length and width. I cut mine to 7x12 inches. Try to keep the length a few inches longer than the width, but you can adjust based on how large you want the pom to be.
2. Begin to fold the shorter side in an accordion pleat until you have reached the end. Press into the crease each time you fold.
3. Fold the accordion shape in half to find the middle.
4. Tie floral wire around the middle and twist until secured tightly.
5. Starting with the layers closest to the center, begin to pull up one layer of tissue paper at a time towards the center.
6. Pull up each layer until you have a full flower shape and all the layers have been pulled apart.
Voila! You have a gorgeous peony style tissue paper flower that you can use in so many ways. I love this to dress up a basic place setting or you could even add them to a favor bag for a party! Also, this would be amazing in red and white for a Christmas dinner!
I hope you have a great start to your week today!